18 Aug Microsoft Operations Management Suite
OMS – is a management solution for hybrids (or on premise) that support platforms such as Azure, Amazon, AWS, Windows Server, Linux, VMware and OpenStack.
There is currently a large variety of supported Linux distributions: Suse, Debian, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, CentOS, RedHat Linux.
The solution provides optimization and simplification of the virtual datacenter that can include tens, hundreds or even thousands of virtual machines distributed over dozens of physical environments.
The management is done through the console available in the cloud portal and centralized dashboard, easily accessible even on mobile phones.
All dashboards are automatically populated after the agent has been installed on the server (s) to be monitored.
Among the non-System Center capabilities we can list:
- Amazon / Azure multicloud management
- Backup in Cloud – with Azure Backup for monitored machines (Windows / Linux)
- Cloud Protection – with Azure Site Recovery for monitored cars
- Capacity Planning and resource prediction reports in the datacenter
- Security Assessment and Best Practices Assesment Reports – for AD, SQL, Malware, Updates
- Dashboard centralized with essential information about the state of the infrastructure
WHAT IS OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SUITE?
OMS is the complete Microsoft solution that monitors the Windows / Linux server infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
With the hybrid management solution we help customers:
- control and manage physical and virtual infrastructures Private Cloud and Public cloud: Azure, Amazon, etc.
- to extend the capabilities of System Center implementations with: security & best practices assessments, capacity planning, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup
- to obtain information about the Active Directory status and how to optimize the directory structure
- to obtain information about the status of SQL Server databases, MySQL Server, and how to optimize application performance
- to obtain system status information for System Center Operations Manager
- to obtain server security level information and information about cyber security threats for server infrastructure (malware, malware traffic, suspicious IP addresses, threat intelligence)
- to provide information on asset management and change tracking for server infrastructure
- to provide information about application tracking and integration with Azure Application Insights
- to provide information about network infrastructure: data traffic, used protocols, lost packets
- to reduce traditional storage costs by providing backup and protection for virtual / physical machines through Azure Backup / Site Recovery
- to have a reliable disaster recovery solution to ensure a consistent business continuity plan
- have consistent dashboards on the state of the infrastructure and applications
- to offer an application able to integrate with the Windows 7 / 8.1 workstation workstation infrastructure to analyze compatible applications and drivers for upgrading to Windows 10
- provide integration for administration and provide a dashboard with the most relevant management information for the Office 365 platform
- to provide integration for Docker Container Management from the Windows Server 2016 platform
- have minimal cost with infrastructure management solutions